Welcome to the Women In-Depth Podcast! I’m delighted to welcome back for her fourth appearance, Tamara Powell, LMHC. Tamara has previously appeared on the podcast in episode 10, episode 23 and episode 33 talking about spiritual abuse and navigating sexuality with spiritualty, but today she joins me to talk all about re-visioning relationships.
Tamara is a psychotherapist, and life coach who practices in Pensacola, FL. Tamara’s practice focuses on those struggling with issues related to sexuality and spirituality, including abuse and trauma.
What you’ll hear in this episode:
- How as human beings we need and crave different types of relationships
- Defining the relationships we have in our life
- How our modern society has a narrow view on our relationships and how the ancient Greeks had a much wider perspective with their definitions
- The components of what a healthy relationship can look like
- Putting yourself outside your comfort zone when defining relationships
- Practice relationship skills
- Respecting the other person’s autonomy
- The importance of authenticity
- How boundaries in relationships can be freeing