Today’s show features, Diann Wingert, a psychotherapist and life coach in Pasadena, CA. Diann specializes in helping women accept and embrace change, combining wisdom from the fields of neurobiology, mindfulness, positive psychology, and attachment theory. Have you faced the fear of change as you approach your mid-life years? Listen for Diann’s moving and inspiring insights!
What you’ll hear in this episode:
- Why women in midlife aren’t represented well
- What is a midlife crisis?
- Characteristics of midlife crisis in women and how they differ from men
- Why men can compartmentalize emotion better than women
- Fascinating shifts in neurotransmitters as we age
- How relationships are affected by midlife changes
- The Gray Divorce
- Mortality, health, and the perfect storm of midlife
- Getting REALLY honest
- Affairs at midlife
- Being contemplative about big decisions
- Hormones and triggered brain changes in your 50’s
- Values clarification
- Benefits of meditation and mindfulness
- How Diann structures her work with clients
- Developing a new relationship with yourself
- Processing anger and grief
- Diann’s online coaching group—Midlife Makeover– will be launching soon!