Posted: September 11, 2020
My guest today is Namrata Rindani McMahill, LMFT, a psychotherapist in private practice in San Diego. Nam is an advocate and champion for discarded, diagnosed, shamed, judged, and marginalized people. Her career spans 12 years, 2 continents, and multiple languages. Today’s topic is a sensitive one, but one that is important and relevant to so many, we’re talking about “the other woman” in therapy. Join us!
What you’ll hear in this episode:
- Being “othered” and non-accepted
- Who is the “other woman”?
- Statistics show that 22% of men and 14% of women acknowledge an extra-marital relationship
- The identity of the other woman
- The surface struggles
- “Othered” in other areas of life
- The pain of staying vs. the pain of getting out
- Nam’s Six Phase Process, including OMG, acceptance, unhooking/unpacking, desire, repacking, and deserving first place.
- Having compassion for yourself
- Understanding intentions
- What is this really about?
- Words to the “other woman”
- Find a support system
- Finding a liberated first place position
- Nam’s Five Quickie Questions
Email Nam: firstname.lastname@example.org
Being the Other Woman by Petra Falk