Welcome to the podcast. Today is going to be a bit different as I’m joined by, well, me!
This is my first time hosting the podcast solo, and I am a little nervous, but I’m just going to go ahead and feel the fear and do it anyway – which is especially meaningful as coping with fear is what this episode is all about.
For better or worse, fear is a primary motivator in our lives, whether we are consciously aware of this or not. I know this from experience and I see this in my practice, where many of the issues my clients struggle with are related to fear.
So I felt it would be meaningful to explore the experience of fear, the different types of fear, why fear is so powerful, and steps for changing how we understand and cope with fear.
Thanks for joining us!
What you’ll hear in this episode:
- The common types of fear
- How the fear of feeling is related to the fear of loss of love or approval
- Why we stay in certain situations: jobs, relationships
- The two themes behind fear underneath fear
- Becoming aware of the fear in your life and how to work with it
- The connection between anxiety and fear