Alicia Taverner is a licensed Marriage & Family Therapist (#50414) with a Bachelor’s Degree in Speech Communications from the University of La Verne, and a Master’s Degree in Clinical Psychology from Pepperdine University.
Alicia has contributed to several online and print magazines and podcasts, and has a regular spot on a local radio show as a relationship expert.
She specializes in helping women find the calm within the storm of some of the most difficult relationship struggles such as infidelity, divorce, and postpartum anxiety and depression.
Alicia is also a trained Discernment Counselor, and helps couples explore options for continuing their relationship despite some very heavy challenges. She resides in Southern CA with her husband and three children.
What you’ll hear in this episode:
- Just how common are perinatal mood disorders?
- Overcoming the vicious loop of mood disorders that can come with being a mother
- Misconceptions mothers “get lost in” that can evolve into something serious
- Things that moms can do to feel better that do not require a lot of time, money or energy
- What moms REALLY want for Mother’s Day
Divorcedmoms.com – Divorce Is Part of My Job. I’ve Got 5 Tips For You
Ladylux.com – Discovering The Secret Languages of Love
Psychologytoday.com – What’s The Right Way to Walk Away?